When you think of the word “smart,” what comes to mind? People who are intelligent, well-spoken and witty? With this blog post, we will explore the benefits of piracetam and how it can help make you smarter. The article will discuss different ways in which piracetam helps increase your brain function and even improve memory. There is also a section on how to take piracetam for maximum effect! Read on to learn more about these amazing nootropics that could change your life.
What is Piracetam?
Piracetam is a drug that was first synthesized in 1964 by the Belgian pharmaceutical company UCB. Piracetam is one of the original nootropics, meaning “smart drugs.” Since then, many other racetams have been developed with different effects on the human mind. It has been researched extensively for over 40 years and can be found as a prescription medication in most European countries.
Piracetam’s chemical name is 2-oxo-1-pyrrolidine acetamide, which also goes by the name’s cetirizine or citrocard. Piracetam has been used to treat cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s, epilepsy and brain damage due to alcohol abuse. However, it is not approved for use in any country and can only be purchased with a prescription (for now). There are many benefits of piracetam that we will delve into below; however, it does come with some risks and possible side effects.
What Are the Benefits of Taking Piracetam?
Piracetam has been shown to have a variety of benefits on the human mind. These include:
- Improved Learning –Many people who use piracetam notice that it helps them learn faster, recall information easier and improves their concentration. It does this by increasing the brain’s ability to create new connections between neurons called synapses. This ability is crucial for learning as you need new knowledge from outside sources in order to begin creating these neural pathways.
- Improved Memory – Memory becomes more efficient due to better communication between neurons by taking piracetam. In fact, some studies suggest that memory may even improve after taking piracetam for only a few weeks! This effect can be noticed both short-term and long-term.
- Reduce Anxiety – Anxiety can have negative consequences on your daily life including poor performance at school or work, lack of social interaction and low self-esteem. While taking piracetam, many people report that their anxiety is decreased. This is because the effects of piracetam are not just physical but also affect your mood as well! Thus, by increasing your memory you feel more confident in the tasks you need to complete.
- Improved Concentration – Have you ever found yourself struggling to focus for even ten minutes? If so, then it’s likely that you could benefit from taking a nootropic like piracetam. Piracetam increases blood flow to the brain which helps with concentration. For this reason alone, nearly half of all university students use nootropics to help study for exams.
- Better Mood – Have you ever taken an antidepressant like Prozac? If so, then you know that they often come with negative side effects (such as appetite changes). Well, piracetam is able to reduce anxiety without any of the common side effects associated with these drugs. It does this by increasing the production of GABA which not only improves your mood but also reduces social inhibition. For many people, piracetam makes it easier to express themselves without worrying what other people think or say!
How does Piracetam work?
Piracetam works by increasing communication between the two hemispheres of your brain through what is called High Affinity Choline Uptake (HACU).
The human brain requires choline to function properly. It is an essential nutrient that humans cannot produce by themselves, so it has to be obtained through dietary sources or supplements. Choline works to keep the membranes of the cells in your brain healthy which helps enhance communication between neurons. If there is not enough choline in your body, you will suffer from cognitive decline over time. This causes memory loss, mood swings, confusion and even depression .
Neurotransmitters are chemicals that help nerve cells communicate with each other. There are many neurotransmitters but one of the most important for learning and memory formation is Acetylcholine (ACh). This neurotransmitter activates muscles throughout your body as well as acts as a neurotransmitter in the brain. Activation of this neurotransmitter helps to improve memory formation, learning capacity and recall.
Piracetam increases HACU which is the process through which choline is brought into a nerve cell so it can be used to produce acetylcholine. As a result, more ACh will be available for neuronal communication leading to better memory retention as well as an improvement in other cognitive functions. It has been suggested that piracetam may even help those suffering from Alzheimer’s because it protects neurons from damage by increasing blood flow to various areas of the brain.
What is the recommended dosage for Piracetam?
The recommended dosage for piracetam is between 1,200 to 4,800 mg per day. That means if you are taking the full dose, you will need to break up the tablet into smaller pieces and take it multiple times throughout each day.
Piracetam has a half-life of 5 hours which means that at the 6th hour after it has been ingested, there is only 50% of the drug left in your body. As time passes, more and more of the piracetam will metabolize until it gone completely after 24 hours. Since this nootropic needs time to build up in your system before you experience any benefits, taking it once a day will not be beneficial. It must be taken within 30 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after a meal. This is because the drug will have difficulty passing through the blood-brain barrier when taken on an empty stomach thus rendering it useless.
How to take Piracetam?
Like mentioned earlier, piracetam has a half-life of 5 hours which means you need to take it at least 2 times a day to get the full benefits. For this reason, it is recommended that people break up the tablets into smaller pieces and take them throughout the day instead of taking a whole tablet in one dose.
Piracetam works best when taken with food so make sure you eat before or after ingesting it even if you’re not planning on eating anything right away.
What Other Drugs Interact with Piracetam?
Piracetam is known to interact with other drugs so you should avoid taking any other supplements or medications that have been reported to cause adverse effects along with piracetam. The most common of these are choline, antidepressants and stimulants as they all fall under the same category as piracetam which classifies them as nootropics.
Nootropics are substances that enhance brain function by improving memory formation, learning capacity, focus and concentration. These types of drugs tend to also increase acetylcholine to improve cognition. Since piracetam is the most popular of these drugs, it is not unusual for people to try and find other substances that will work in a similar fashion.
This can lead to people mixing them with each other or taking them at the same time which increases their potential side effects. When taken together, piracetam may have an effect on choline levels in your brain, causing fatigue, headaches or even seizures if there is too much acetylcholine circulating in one area. Piracetam has also been reported to decrease blood pressure when mixed with stimulant drugs such as Adrafinil or Modafinil. If you are already taking antidepressants, then please avoid taking piracetam because it inhibits serotonin production. This only worsens the symptoms of depression and other mental illnesses.
What are the Side Effects?
Piracetam side effects are very mild if any at all making it one of the safest nootropics available on the market today. The most common reported piracetam side effects include nausea, headaches, irritability, and nervousness. These side effects were experienced by less than 1% of the people who used this drug.
Since piracetam is water soluble, it can be excreted through urine so there will be little to none left in your system after 24 hours. If you use choline supplements or take any other type of stimulant with piracetam, you will experience an increase these mild side effect, but they will go away after you stop taking the drug.
How much Piracetam should you take?
Piracetam dosage varies depending on each person’s weight and age.
For adults (above 18) – 800mg per day split into 3 doses is the typical dosage range. Some people even take twice or four times this amount when trying to reach their peak performance, but it is not recommended.
The piracetam powder form can be dissolved in water for maximum absorption by your body while keeping the bitter taste at bay.
When taken orally, most of the drug is broken down in the liver before reaching your brain cells. This reduces its effectiveness which is why you should follow up with a choline supplement to help boost the effects of piracetam in your system.
These supplements include lecithin, alpha GPC or citicoline and can be found in most drug stores and vitamin shops.
At the beginning of every cycle, start off with a low dose and then gradually increase it until you feel that your mind is completely clear of distractions.
Product reviews for Piracetam:
- Oliver Malicse (August 1, 2021): I have been using Piracetam for my daily exams in school and I can say that it has helped me study more effectively especially during the last-minute cramming sessions. Taking piracetam on a regular basis allows me to stay focused longer without getting tired, which is perfect when you want to get all your work done before midnight.
- Luciano Rizzo (August 2, 2021): Piracetam might be expensive but it’s worth every penny. By taking this drug, I’ve managed to finish writing an essay just 20 minutes before class started! Thanks to this smart drug, I don’t think anyone will forget what I said in today’s lecture!
- Marion Mears (February 21, 2021): I take piracetam every day on weekdays for an intense 3–4-hour study sessions. Taking it at the same time each day really helps put me in the mood to keep studying and I always feel like my mind is sharper when taking this supplement.
- Trevor White (August 23, 2021): After trying several other nootropics, I finally found one that works well for me. When taken as directed, you can really feel a difference in your mental clarity and overall focus.
- Maria Clark (July 14, 2021): Every exam season, I buy myself a bottle of piracetam to help me ace all my tests. After studying for 18 hours straight without feeling any fatigue, I believe that piracetam is worth the money!
- Lila Milton (August 25, 2021): By combining piracetam with alpha GPC, my grades have improved by at least 10 percent since I started using these smart drugs together. While some might find this combination too powerful, it works well if you want to get an A on your midterm exam without having to study all day long.
- Gabriel Madison (October 4, 2021): Piracetam tastes bitter, but it really does help me focus when I’m doing homework after school. Taking it 20 minutes before I start studying really helps amplify my focus and motivation, letting me save time in the long run!
- Maria Jones (September 5, 2021): Piracetam makes me feel super confident about myself and whether people notice it, they tend to be more attracted to me than before because of this. Since taking these smart drugs, I just feel like no one is good enough for me!
- Coco Wagner (April 17, 2021): Piracetam is the only smart drug that has ever had noticeable effects on me. After taking it regularly, I’ve managed to work my way into one of the best universities in my city. While some might say that this sounds too good to be true, trust me when I tell you that piracetam really does make a difference!
- Daisy McLoughin (April 6, 2021): When studying for an exam or trying to complete an assignment at work, I always make sure to take 200mg of piracetam combined with choline supplements 3 times every day. It’s almost like these smart drugs give my mind superpowers and let me stay focused on tasks for hours at end without getting distracted.
FAQs about Piracetam:
How long does it take for piracetam to start working?
The effects of piracetam vary from person to person and there’s really no way of telling how well it will work until you try it out. However, some have reported that they feel a change within minutes while others say that the peak effects can be felt after 20-30 minutes. In any case, if you’re looking for something that works fast then I would recommend stacking this with pramiracetam or oxiracetam.
When is the best time to take these smart drugs?
Since piracetam works by increasing acetylcholine levels, taking it in the morning with a fat source like fish oil or eggs will help you get its benefits without having to worry about the taste.
Does this drug work for everyone?
Piracetam can be beneficial to some, but it doesn’t really work the same way for everyone. While most people report impressive results, there are still plenty of others who find that piracetam doesn’t do much at all. If you want to try out piracetam, I recommend starting with a smaller dosage and building up your tolerance, so you know how well it works for you!
What happens if I take too much?
The general rule is that taking more than 2400mg of piracetam in one day isn’t recommended even though there’s nothing dangerous about it. Piracetam is a very safe smart drug, and you should always be able to feel its positive effects as long as you don’t take too much of it!
Can I take piracetam with other nootropics?
We all know that stacking one supplement with another can sometimes yield results that are better than taking the supplements alone. While some people like to stack piracetam with other racetams like pramiracetam and oxiracetam, others prefer taking choline supplements or Noopept alongside this smart drug for enhanced effects. It’s up to you and your best judgment on how piracetam should be combined with other nootropics.
Is Piracetam safe?
Piracetam is a very safe smart drug and there’s nothing to worry about as long as you stick to the recommended doses. However, if you have any underlying medical conditions then I would advise consulting with your doctor before taking this or any other nootropic. Also, keep in mind that piracetam isn’t a stimulant so it won’t cause any jitteriness or anxiety unless you take way too much of it.
How long does piracetam last?
While you can feel piracetam working within minutes, its effects tend to wear off after somewhere around 4 hours from the time of ingestion. In order to prolong its positive effects, stacking this smart drug with others like pramiracetam will help maintain the overall effects for up to 8 hours or more.
How long before I see any results?
Like I mentioned earlier, the effects of piracetam vary depending on each person’s biological makeup. Some say that it takes 20-30 minutes to feel its benefits while others report feeling them immediately. The best thing you can do is to try out different dosages and stack it with other racetams like pramiracetam or oxiracetam if need be.
Where to buy Piracetam?
You can easily buy piracetam online from a wide variety of nootropic suppliers. While I would advise buying it from a reputable dealer.
Piracetam is a completely legal and natural nootropic that has a long list of health advantages!
Piracetam has been around for more than 40 years and it’s still one of the most popular smart drugs to date. While there are many different nootropics on the market today, piracetam is still one of the best since it doesn’t require you to take choline supplements with it! If you want an impressive brain boost without having to deal with nasty side effects, give this smart drug a shot.